Open for Critical Needs
Recently, the governor announced an extension to the “Stay Home, Stay Safe” Executive Order through May 15th. Though this does prevent certain operations of our business and the service we provide to you, we will remain open for business to serve all critical infrastructure needs, in accordance with the order. Many of you have been in contact with us on behalf of these families and we are prioritizing these projects.
HERE’S WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
WE’RE HERE FOR YOU!
Most importantly, know that we’re here for you. Whatever you need from us, we want to provide it. We know how crucial it is to keep business moving forward. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us!
- If you need help with the selection process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do a virtual appointment by phone or web chat.
- If you need a quote completed, email us at email@example.com and we’ll do it remotely.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with anything else and we’ll find the best person to help!
WE’VE DRAMATICALLY INCREASED OUR SAFETY & SANITATION PROCEDURES
For now, and for beyond the crisis, we’ve conducted extensive training for our field, manufacturing, and office staff. The health and safety our employees and customers is our first priority. We ask you to assist us in ensuring a collaborative effort while working onsite. If you have a project that we will be involved in, please understand the following:
- Before we arrive on site, you will be contacted to participate in a survey regarding health and safety those related to the job site. We will need a phone number to reach the person who will be on site at time of template, and at time of install.
- Sanitization practices are essential. Before our arrival, we ask that you sanitize all surfaces our workers will come in contact with. We will do the same before we leave.
- On site, we will not be conducting “business as usual”. This means some of our typical customer service practices (signing documents, shaking hands, etc.) will not be happening. We apologize in advance for the lack of personal interaction during this unprecedented time. Please know this is essential for keeping everyone safe.
- When our workers arrive, it is important that you are located in a separate room, until we leave, to minimize the exposure between individuals
Our new procedures are receiving high praise from our customers. Our most recent blog talks about precisely what we are doing to keep everyone safe. See below for some feedback from recent jobs:
“Felt safe. Appreciated the guys observed social distancing and sanitized frequently.” – Kathy
“..loved that Mark took sanitizing himself and his workplace so seriously…[thanks] for disinfecting everything and for wearing his mask the whole time.” – Laura
“Really appreciated how seriously [we] are taking this situation. Loved the emails that were sent beforehand…” – Scott
For purposes of following Governor Whitmer’s Executive Order 2020-21 regarding COVID-19, Lakeside Surfaces Inc. is committed to ensuring that we are following all conditions that are outlined in section 5.c of the order. Critical infrastructure workers that will continue in-person operations will follow social distancing practices and other mitigation measures to protect our employees and customers. The following practices include, but are not limited to:
- Restricting the number of workers present on premises to no more than is necessary.
- Promoting remote work to the fullest extent possible
- Increasing standards of facility cleaning and disinfection to limit possible employee exposure to COVID-19.
- Lakeside adopted policies that prevent employees from coming to work if they display symptoms or have had contact with a person who is known to have COVID-19.
- Any other social distancing practices and mitigation measures recommended by the CDC
- Practice Good Hygiene – Wash Your Hands, Cover your cough with elbow, Use a tissue, Disinfect Surfaces etc.
QUOTE AND ORDERS
We will continue to process quotes and orders. Please continue to email this info to email@example.com. We’ll work with you to get the orders entered in the system and schedule a template date.
If you have not been in contact with us about a job, or the circumstances of a project have changed to prompt reconsideration, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email your sales representative.
WE’LL MAIL YOU OR YOUR CUSTOMERS SAMPLES
If you need a sample for a project you’re working on, we’ll mail it directly to you so you can keep the design process going at home.
OUR GALLERY LOCATIONS ARE OPEN FOR APPOINTMENTS
Our gallery is now open for appointments. Please contact our gallery at email@example.com or call 231.246.2220 to save your time slot.
Our designers can also set-up a virtual consultation with one of our gallery staff members. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your virtual selection.
ALL PHONES AND EMAILS ARE MONITORED
We’ve had to get a little creative but are monitoring phones and emails. Call us at 231-798-8872 and leave a voicemail. It is being checked frequently, and we are responding to all calls. Email anyone you usually work with, or use email@example.com and we’ll route your message to the right people.
We’ve also added a chat feature to our website. Click the button in the lower right hand corner of this page to reach someone immediately.
WE’RE HERE FOR YOU!
Remember, we’re here for you. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us! Thank you, and be safe!