The Production Release Engineer is responsible for the design and development of manufacturing drawings of custom stone and solid surface counter tops. Expected to follow company policies and procedures in the engineering department, manages the development of each individual project, scheduling production related activities in Moraware. In addition, the Engineer will complete goals, quality control, personal development, and resolves project issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and modify/alter AutoCAD drawings provided by our Field Measure Technicians that have measured kitchens in the field
- Modify drawings to be compliant with our tooling capabilities, to enhance the appearance of the finished product, and to improve the products shape and design for installation
- Attain daily square foot quota’s
- Meet with Engineering Supervisor and Engineering team daily to discuss methods to drive efficiency, accuracy, and improve procedures
- Use job processing software (Order entry program) to maintain order flow and communication
- Work closely with clients and maintain excellent relationships
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Prefer 3 years of experience utilizing AutoCAD or similar design software within your primary daily duties
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Drawing Software preferred.
- AutoCAD certification a plus
- Construction background to aid in how to support countertops
- Strong computer and basic math skills
- Ability to articulate/explain drawings and options to customers
- Organized and Punctual
- Detail Oriented
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to follow all safety requirements
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Lakeside Engineering Department
- Jobsite visits
- Meetings (Internal/External)
- Areas in production that are wet/ damp