Material Handlers handle the transfer of material in and out of our production floor. They assist Hi-Lo drivers in locating and picking slabs of stone for production. They also assist in the putting away remnants back into inventory. The job involves general housekeeping, recording of inventory, shop organization and cleanliness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the movement of slab material in and out of inventory
- Keeping area clean and organized
- Following direction if the department supervisor forms daily tasks and functions in all department positions as required
- Accomplishes production results by working with the material handling team.
- Compliance with organizational policies and procedures, including code of conduct and attendance policy
- High School diploma or higher preferred
- 2 years of experience in production environment preferred
- 1 year of experience at Lakeside Surfaces Inc.
- Knowledge using production tracking software preferred
- Ability to use measuring tools and read a tape measure
- Excellent communication skills
- Work well in a manufacturing teamwork environment
- Good math skills
Minimum Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to move and carry substantial parts on varied surfaces
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work while standing for 8 to 12 hour shifts
- Ability to safely operate forklift and overhead crane
- Ability to follow all safety requirements
- Inside and outside work
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change and revision.